Saturday, February 12, 2011

Week#3

I find myself in week 3, and I can't help but feel a little behind with my running. It probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't seen grass in WEEKS. I miss that green stuff. I've been running between 2-5 miles, and let me tell you, running on a 200+m indoor track is the most boring thing in the world.

Like a lot of other people who are running their first marathon, I'm doing this for a few reasons. 1.) I'm young and I have 2 half marathons under my belt. I can do it. 2.) Selfish as it may be, I want to say that I ran a marathon. Nobody can take that away from me. 3.) I've been trying to get into shape for like 5 years. This seems like a step in the right direction.

For this week, I have a long run of 6 miles (today actually). I'm starting to get nervous, as this feels beyond my abilities at this point. What sucks even more, is that this running schedule moves so fast. By week#6 I'll be putting in 10 mile runs. That's scary.

At least when I pass out at the rec center, I won't just end up in a ditch on the side of the road. Sounds like a win to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment